Friday, December 21, 2012

The End of the World

  Happy Apocalypse Day, everybody!  Today, civilization as we know it ends, although the Mayan calendar was actually fairly ambiguous about that, so we have three main options:
1. The world ends today.
2. The world ends on Sunday.
3. The world does not deign to heed esoteric doomsday prophecies and instead goes on as usual.
I'm kind of leaning toward option three, but, just in case I'm wrong, I am going to an End of the World Party tonight.  Yes, you read that right: I, Hugo the Horrible, the grumpiest and most anti-social person in the history of the known universe, am going to a party.  Voluntarily.  If that isn't a strong indication that the apocalypse is at hand, I don't know what is...
    Other than the world's end, there really isn't much going on today here in North America.  It's been kind of a lazy, rainy day, much like most of the days that I've ever lived.  This is actually an immense relief, since it comes as a much-needed break at the end of Finals Week, four days of hell at the end of my school's seventeen week semester.  Until last night, I hadn't slept more than six hours at a stretch in at least a month.  And I still failed Art History.  Okay, granted, I hadn't been to class since mid-October, I wrote none of the papers and took exactly half of the exams, so it wasn't really a surprise, but still.  I'm not in the habit of failing classes.  I've only failed two in a row now.
    Classes aren't the only thing that I've taken to failing...  the suspenseful saga of Happy Rotter and Co. is now indefinitely suspended.  I have the very worst case of writer's block that I have ever had.  It is rivaled only by the writer's block I get every single time one of my teachers assigns an essay, which is completely crippling and lasts until two hours before said essay is due.  Hopefully, Joe will take up the fallen torch, re-light it, and carry on.
    Yeah.  I don't really have much to say.  I'm still suffering somewhat from residual sleep deprivation, and my mind is not firing on all cylinders in consequence,

Your groggy and bewildered uncle,

Hugo the Horrible

P.S.  Yes.  This post is pink.  I like pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment