Friday, November 26, 2010

Cranatoes!

In Bebo’s last post, Bebo said, and I quote, “…they may say that they were thinking about something stupid like painting their nails when I had mentally guessed that they were perfecting their plot of world domination. (This happens often when I talk to Joe...)” Bebo was wrong. I don’t often think about painting my nails, unless I want them to resemble poisonous mushrooms. Oh, that was fun… No, world domination beats out painting my nails. However, I am usually thinking of something mundane or unimportant.
Truthfully, I am a dull person. I am so pathetic that I amuse others. Those urgent care people just couldn’t let it go that I hurt my elbow by slipping on a floor my mother was mopping! In my defense, I hadn’t been expecting her to. It wasn’t… natural. Now, whenever she mops, she makes a great deal about it so I don’t trip and get a concussion, or something. Knowing me, I will.
I expect to inadvertently cause my own death. Will I stumble? Choke? Stab myself? Fall in a toilet and drown (I almost did the other day…)?
Last weekend, I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, part 1. I met a creeper. I saw some delicious ice cream (which I was forbidden from eating). I saw cats on their natural drug. Drugged cats are the best cats! I also pondered whether or not I really saw a donkey head on the side of the road. All in all, it was a weird Saturday.
As Hugo has so wonderfully stated, yesterday was Thanksgiving. Finally, the iced roads began to melt away, so travel was safe. Have we mentioned the horrid snow that hit us this week? No? Well, here we go…
It snowed Sunday, I think. Oh, something like that. On Monday, after we got home, our school shut down. (We had an epic, mind-freezing battle of snow fluffs and balls with one of our dear friends before leaving, though.) Then, I lost power. I freaked out, I must say. All of my classes require the use of a computer, and usually, the internet. In addition, I had procrastinated in one of my classes. Actually, I’m still not finished… One Tuesday, Bebo lost power, but it was of no consequence to him. He spent the day sledding on his little scrap of a cardboard house. I don’t think Hugo ever had to live without electricity. Normally, I don’t abhor snow. It was delightful during my eighth (or was it tenth) birthday party! Snow, of course, hates me. With a passion. It makes me swell at the slightest touch, and no one ever cares, because, after all, it’s just Joe, who’s never healthy, it seems. No, I just hate having no power. It’s not the entertainment, it’s the inability to flush the toilet, take showers, and prepare food that truly irks me.
After that tangent, let me tell you about my Thanksgiving. Almost all of my father’s side of the family lives nearby, even the ones who are so extended from me, I’m not quite sure who they are. However, that dinner was canceled due to a power and broken things issue. That left my immediate family free to stay at the lunch Thanksgiving for an extra three or so hours! This was my mother’s side. They traveled from faraway places, some in cars, and others in planes. The family was together at last!
Have you noticed how foods differ between countries? Restaurants? What about families? I’ve only been to a Thanksgiving with this group once in my memories. What was about to be passed around the very long, three-tables-stuck-together-to-make-one-table table (Which was also new to my buffet-styled dad’s side prototype of a large-scale meal) was about to make me question if I was really the only insane one there. Honestly, I only had four complaints. #1. Gravy? It’s not for me. No, thank you. After this was when I saw someone pour it onto their mashed potatoes. Wait a second. Was that…? Agh! I know gravy comes from meat, but I don’t believe meat belongs in gravy. #2. Oh! Fruit salad? Give it here! Hang on, that’s potato salad. It… Ah! It’s fruit salad! I’m so confused!!! #3. Oh! I love sweet potatoes, yams, whatever you call ‘em! Oh! And they’re cheesy! I love cheese! Um, cheese shouldn’t cook like that, or be so, um… Oh, ew. Not cheese. I repeat, not cheese! Who would even think of putting such odd components together such as yams and marshmallows! Oh. Me. Right… (I really haven’t, but you have no clue what things I’ve put together, but you will!) #4. Speaking of the sweet potatoes lacking cheese, where is the cheese? It’s… not here. It’s not on the table, being passed around in a casserole, on brussel sprouts, or even alone! Quite frankly, the cheese hit me the hardest.
Aside from those little details, I ate well, enjoyed the family I haven’t been around much, and completely died during Uno. Oh, and there was this cute, terribly small dog named Scamp. I wanted him to come home with me. He wanted to come home with me. Of course, my four cats would kill him in a day. I say day only because I know they’d torture him for a while, first. In addition, I would like to say that I have a wonderful product idea. Why? Because I’d eat it.
During the holidays, do you find that your mashed potatoes and cranberry jelly stuff are always the best of friends? Don’t they always combine to make a pink concoction? Do you eat it anyway? Introducing cranatoes! It’s prepared for you in advance, so you have time for other activities! After all, you might as well. They’re going to mix anyway!
Audios!
Joe

6 comments:

  1. Joe, I would LOVE to eat cranatatoes! You are a genius!
    --Hugo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thank you, Hugo. It's a growing problem, and we really should have a solution.
    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! We should really market this. Cranuffing, cranatoes...
    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a great money-making scheme. I had cranatoes for dinner last night... :)
    --Hugo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well what about cranurking?? In my opinion, they taste best when they are all together anyway....

    ReplyDelete